Streamline the process by identifying gaps in processes for gathering data
The Business Challenge
An Asian analytics team of a Fortune 100 CPG company set goals during 2014 to elevate their business application of analytics in country teams and strengthen their local teams’ anayltics capabilities. They also identified Malaysia as a pilot market to identify gaps in analytics usage and build a plan to address the gaps.
Fractal conducted an assessment of the current analytics environment of the client’s Malaysia team thorugh online surveys and one-to-one phone interviews. This led to identifying gaps in current processes for gathering data in:
- Reports – Fractal discovered disparate formats over the same data and created a standard report for all business users.
- Agency Support – New operating procedures were drafted to ensure client requirements with speed and accuracy by Fractal, Nielsen and Kantar.
- Corporate Culture– Fractal instilled a mindset of structured problem-solving with a wider focus to analyze brands and their products.
Created customized reports for the Malaysia pilot market to ensure standard reporting, faster turnaround, and a streamlined process for working with individual agencies.
- Identified improvement areas in usage and implementation of analytics for the clients.
- Defined and simplified processes used by stakeholders when working with agencies.
- Improved the thought processes of client stakeholders for monthly data and reports
- Saved the client over 120 hours per year in gathering data and generating reports.
- Freed up the client to address other business issues and focus on specific problems
- The new standard reporting format ensures a single way of looking at data and information.
- The streamlined analytics report creates faster turnaround on market share data each month.
- Standard operating procedures make it easier for all client stakeholders to work with agencies